Preventing & Managing Overdraft Fees
At times, unanticipated expenses, unforeseen circumstances or even a bookkeeping error can leave you with too little cash in your checking account. Having a check returned due to insufficient funds can be a frustrating, embarrassing and costly experience.
What You Need to Know About Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough funds in your account to cover a transaction but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
- We have a standard overdraft review process that comes with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to your savings account or a Cash Reserve Line of Credit (subject to credit approval). If you are interested in our Cash Reserve Line of Credit, please contact a lending officer at any of our locations. To apply for Cash Reserve, click here to download the "Consumer Loan Application” PDF. The form is fillable for you to fill in your personal information. Please print out (do not email) and take to any of our locations.
Standard Overdraft Review Process:
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Bank of Cadiz & Trust Co. pays my overdraft?
- We will charge your account a fee up to $35 per item each time we pay an overdraft.
- If your account is overdrawn $100 or more for three (3) consecutive days, we will charge an additional $5.00 per day beginning on the fourth day until the overdraft is paid.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want the Bank of Cadiz & Trust Co. to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM card and everyday debit card transactions?
Contact any of our offices:
Cadiz Main Office: 270-522-6066 | Lakota Dr. Office 270-522-0450
Hopkinsville Office: 270-885-3211 | Murray Office 270-759-4852