BANK OF CADIZ & TRUST CO.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Below are some of the most popular questions. For a complete list of FAQs log in to Online Banking and click on User Services and click on the Mobile Management Link.
What is Mobile Banking?
Our mobile banking service allows our customers that are enrolled in Online Banking to access their eligible accounts from a mobile device. You can check account balances, make transfers between accounts, review transaction history, mobile check deposit, text banking and utilize our online bill pay.
How do I enroll in Mobile Banking?
First if you are a current Online Banking customer you will use the same login credentials to access Mobile Banking. If you are not an Online Banking customer then you will need to enroll.
- You can download the app on iPhone or Android devices. You will visit the Apple App Store or Google Play to get the Bank of Cadiz Mobile App. and search for “Bank of Cadiz”.
- If your phone does not have the capability of downloading the app, you can use the Mobile browser instead.
What are the ways to access Mobile Banking?
You can download our free mobile app for iPhone or Android devices. You can also access the mobile browser application site at any time at:
What accounts can I access with Mobile Banking?
You can access all the accounts you currently view in Online Banking. (i.e. checking, savings, certificates of deposit, IRAs, loans and cash reserve.
Why use our Mobile Banking?
Mobile Banking is more compact and easier and quick to download. Additional advantages include mobile check deposit and text banking.
Are there any fees to use Mobile Banking?
Fees from your mobile or data carrier may apply. You should contact your mobile provider for information about fees associated with sending or receiving text messages or accessing the internet from your mobile device. Bank of Cadiz & Trust Co. charges a fee for sending deposits through Mobile Banking. The charge is $1.00 for each deposit.
Which wireless carriers are supported?
We support all the popular US wireless phone carriers, including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon. If your carrier is not listed when you enroll, you can select “Other” or check back later as new carriers will be added over time.
Is it secure?
Yes, the Mobile Banking service utilizes best practices from online banking, such as HTTPS, 256-bit SSL encryption, or password access and application time-out when your phone is not in use. In addition, no account data is ever stored on your device. And in the event your device is lost or stolen, the service can be immediately disabled by either going online to the Mobile Management website or calling us.
What type of mobile device is needed to use this service? The app is available for all iPhones and Android devices. Mobile banking is also supported on most phones with a mobile web browser that supports cookies.
Do I need a text message or data plan with my wireless carrier?
Yes, a text messaging and/or data plan is typically needed, as data usage can become expensive without them. Please check with your wireless carrier for more information.
Do I need to be enrolled in Online Banking to use Mobile Banking?
Can a joint account holder have access through Mobile Banking?
Yes. (Ex. A husband and wife can both have access to their joint account or a parent may have access to a joint account with a child.)
Can I access Online Bill Pay through Mobile Banking?
Yes. Our Mobile Banking app allows you to pay bills using our Mobile App.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
If you need help setting up your Mobile Banking or have questions about how to use it, please contact us at any of our locations. Our Customer Service Representatives are available:
Monday-Thursday: 8AM – 4PM CST & Fridays until 5:30PM.
Saturday: 8AM- 12PM (Cadiz Lakota Drive office | 270.522.0450)
9AM -12PM (Hopkinsville office | 270.885.3211)
Cadiz Main 270.522.6066 | Hopkinsville 270.885.3211 | Murray 270.759.4852
What is text banking?
Text banking gives you access to your accounts via text (SMS) messages on your phone. It’s a fast, easy way to look up account balances or recent account history by sending a text command to a short code.
What type of phone is needed for text banking?
Text Banking will work on any text message (SMS) capable phone from one of our supported carriers. Please check with your wireless carrier to make sure your mobile device is text messaging enabled.
Where do I text my account inquiries?
Send your text message to the five-digit U.S. short code 96865.
Tip: Add 96865 to your contact list for easy access.
How long should it take to receive a text message?
Typically, responses arrive in less than a minute, but timing may vary.
Will I receive unsolicited text messages?
No. You will only receive messages when you specifically request them with one of the Text Banking commands or if you subscribe to Mobile Alerts.
How do I enroll in Text Banking?
The enrollment process for SMS text banking requires you to log in to online banking, select the Mobile Management link under the User Services tab and follow the instructions to retrieve an activation code. The activation code will be required to begin using SMS text banking on your device.
How do I use Text Banking?
It’s simple, just follow these easy steps:
1. Begin a new text message
2. Enter the short code (96865) in the To field
3. Enter a Text command in the message field. For example: B = balance; H = history
4. Click Send
What are the commands that can be used for text messaging?
Text to 96865
- B (Summary of available balances for All accounts)
- B # (Receive balance of a specific account using the number assigned to that account) Example: B 1 or BAL 1
- H (Summary of recent transactions per account)
- H # (Receive the transaction history using the number assigned to that account) Example: H 1 or HIST 1
- C (List of available text banking commands)
- HE (Help content for text banking)
- S (Stop - terminates all text services)
Is Text Banking case-sensitive?
No. Commands can be sent as upper-case, lower-case or a mixture of both.
How do I unsubscribe from Text Banking?
Text “S” to the five-digit U.S. short code (96865) to stop all text services.
Who do I contact if I need help with Text Banking?
Text “HE” to the five-digit U.S. short code (96865) and you will receive a phone number to call during business hours.
Which balance is returned to my phone when I request this information?
This is the available balance that is displayed at the ATM. The amount is what would be available for you to withdraw at the bank.
What is the maximum amount of results I can receive for each inquiry with text banking? With the text (SMS) portion, you will receive 3 results and click on M for more. The maximum amount of history returned is 90 days.
How do I set up to receive Alerts on my mobile phone?
Our Online Banking includes alerts via email or text alerts. You will setup your alerts in the desktop Online Banking.
I sent a Text command but did not receive a text message. What should I do?
Typically you should receive a text message within a few minutes after you send it; however sometimes mobile carriers experience delays that slow down text message delivery. While waiting, make sure your phone has a wireless signal. In addition, be sure you entered the correct phone number on the enrollment site. If you still do not receive it, contact your wireless carrier to be sure text messaging is enabled on your phone.
MOBILE CHECK DEPOSIT
What is Mobile Check Deposit?
Mobile Check Deposit is a convenient, easy way to deposit checks from your mobile device into one of your accounts. With the Mobile Banking App on your iPhone, or device utilizing the Android operating system, you can take a photo of your check, enter the check information and securely submit your deposit for processing.
Is there a bank fee to deposit my check with my mobile device?
Bank of Cadiz & Trust Co. charges $1.00 per deposit sent by mobile device. There may be charges associated with text messaging and data usage on your device. Check with your wireless carrier for more information.
Which accounts are required to be eligible for use with Mobile Check Deposit?
Checking and savings accounts are eligible for Mobile Check Deposit.
Can I use Mobile Check Deposit with any mobile device?
Only devices that have an auto focus camera are supported for Mobile Check Deposit. If you do not see a “Check Deposit” option in your global navigation menu, your device likely does not have a camera with auto focus. You can utilize the Mobile Check Deposit in the browser.
Eligible phones include:
- iPhone® (3G or higher with IOS 6.0 or higher). Older iPhones® and devices without a camera are not supported.
- Android® (2.2 or higher operating system) with a rear-facing camera that supports auto focus. You must download and install the latest version of our mobile banking app from Apple App Store® or Google Play®
Are there transactions limits with Mobile Check Deposit?
The deposit limit per day for each customer is $2,500.
Are my checks deposited immediately?
Mobile Check Deposit cutoff time is 3:00pm CST. It will not be available to be used at the time of deposit. The deposit will be available on the next business day. The funds availability for mobile deposits will be treated the same as other deposits; see deposit agreement.
What should I do with the hard copies of my checks?
After successfully submitting a Mobile Check Deposit, it is advisable that you retain the original check for 30 Days.
How do I view my deposit history?
1. Sign in to the Mobile Banking App.
2. Tap the global navigational button located in the upper left-hand corner of the application.
3. Select the “Check Deposit” option.
4. Select the “Recent” tab and navigate to your check.
5. Click on a single deposit to view the available transaction detail.
How do I deposit a check?
• Your check should have a valid account & check number.
• Before you begin, properly endorse your check with your signature. The endorsement should read: Mobile Check Deposit and check mark the box for Mobile Deposit if printed on your check.
• Sign into Mobile Banking, tap the global navigation button located in the upper left-hand corner of the app and select the “Check Deposit” option.
• Select the “Deposit” button and navigate to the check deposit screen. You will need to complete the check deposit form in order to submit your deposit request. Note: “Continue” will appear disabled until all required fields are completed.
• You should make sure your check is placed on a dark, flat, well-lit surface.
• Select either “Front” or “Back” camera icon to take a photo of your check.
• Align the check image with the Camera viewfinder frame. Be sure to take a photo of the check side that matches the helper text: “Front” or “Back” in the viewfinder.
• Tap the camera icon in the viewfinder to take the picture. If the preview looks correct, select the “check mark” button. If not, simply tap the red “Redo” button and try again.
• After you have successfully taken the “Front” and “Back” photos of your check, you will see small thumbnail image previews on the check deposit screen.
• In the “Amount” field, enter the amount of the check you are depositing. Be certain the entered amount matches the amount on the check.
• Tap the “Deposit To” field to select a deposit eligible account.
• After all the required fields are completed, the “Continue” button will appear enabled.
• Enter your email address in the “Email Receipt To” field if you would like to receive an email receipt of your deposit request.
• Review your entries and select the “Continue” button to complete the form.
• Select the “Approve” button to finalize and submit your deposit request.
What happens if I lose service while making a transfer using Mobile Banking?
When a transfer is made, confirmation is given on the phone. If signal is lost, wait until service is regained and log back in to confirm.
What if I lose my mobile device?
If your mobile device is lost or stolen, notify your bank immediately. You can also sign into Online Banking and disable or remove your device from the Mobile Management link under the User Services tab.
What happens if I get a new phone or change phone numbers?
If you get a new mobile device or change phone numbers, be sure to return to the Mobile Management site in Online Banking and update your mobile device profile. We recommend removing your old device and re-enrolling your new device.