The Bank of Cadiz was chartered April 22, 1970 and opened for business on August 7, 1970 in a temporary location at Main and Brown Streets in Cadiz, Trigg County, Kentucky. Some 200 shareholders invested in the bank after being organized by George Bleidt, William E. Fuller, John O. Hill, T. Lacy Jones, Vance Leneave, Willard Lester, Boyd Thomas, M.W. "Chuck" Thomas, Roger Thomas, Ross Thomas and others.
Under the leadership of Mr. William E. Fuller and Mr. Kenneth Guinn, the bank moved into new modern facilities at 79 Main Street in November, 1970. This facility continues to serve as the bank's main office. Full banking services were offered, including two drive-in lanes.
Other significant changes are:
- 1978 Trust powers were obtained and a Trust Department was organized and the bank's name was changed to the Bank of Cadiz and Trust Company.
- 1988 A new four-lane drive-in branch was opened in the adjoining block.
- 1988 A holding company, Cadiz Bancorp, Inc., was formed to assure the bank's existence as a locally owned, independent banking organization.
- 1980s A new Automated Teller Machine was introduced, providing the bank's customers' 24-hour access to their accounts seven days a week.
- 2001 Due to ever increasing customer volume, a new full service branch at 106 Lakota Drive opened. Lakota Drive is a full service branch with a five-lane drive-up and Automated Teller Machine.
- 2004 The bank ventured into neighboring Hopkinsville with the addition of a new Loan Production Office, located at 2703 Fort Campbell Boulevard. Since then, a new full service branch has been established across the street at 2808 Fort Campbell Boulevard.
- 2006 The bank was converted to a Sub-Chapter S organization for tax purposes and positioned to continue as an independently owned institution.
- 2007 A year of change internally for the bank. Imaging and electronic processing was installed to take advantage of efficiencies of Check 21 instituted by the Federal Reserve Bank.
- 2008 A full service branch opened in March at 630 North 12th Street in Murray, Ky. This provides the bank with locations where most of our customers live, work and shop.
Due to the dedication shown by the Shareholders, Employees and Customers, the Bank of Cadiz and Trust Company continues to grow and be a vital part of the markets we serve. The bank continues to show excellent growth patterns and has aggressive plans to maintain that level of growth. With the expertise and dedication of the Board of Directors' and employees, we are confident we can accomplish our future goals.